To....

cloth diapers!

Yes you read that right, I am going green I guess you can say. I'm not one to do the whole, green thing, but this will really help our pocket book, especially when we move to the states! I am very excited. It will be tough at first, to get all used to it but I think it will be totally worth it.
This has been on my mind for a few months now and I finally got up the nerve to order and test and then say yes! Nick is on board, but he's kinda like, whatever at this point. We honeslty haven't had to buy many diapers at all since B was born. At my shower we recieved a wide variety of sizes and then my friend Tiffany has a son that is older than B and she always gives me his un-used, too small diapers. So I think that Nick doesn't realize how much diapers acutally are. We have a pack and a half left, so I decided this is a great time to switch. We should have enough left of the disposables to get us by before the cloth ones come in the mail.
And, aren't they just the cutest?! We only have this one, its red. But in my order we're getting some cute prints along with colors and whites. So I am pretty excited to start this new form of diapering! And to think, we'll never have to buy diapers again....for any more babies to come as well! I haven't thought much about reusable wipes just yet. I think I'm going to get the hang of the dipes before I switch from disposable wipes just yet. Hehe. I just wanted to share my excited, and a few pics of my chunky bottom, cloth diapered cutie!

4 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the way they look on her!!! can't wait to try them out myself =)
That's awesome!!! Good luck with it, you're so brave. I don't think I could stomach it. Although I know it's so much better for the earth and saves a ton of money, but I don't know. ;) Enjoy!
The whole washing of the poopy diapers is what creeps me out a little bit. Do you put them in the washer? How do you get the stains out? I know they were used for many many years before our time but do they come with some sort of instruction booklet on use? lol. I do see they look much easier to put on the baby than the old fashion, "pin 'em up" ones. lol. Good luck and good job on going green!
I love this! I've been thinking about it too. Which cloth diapers did you buy?
Post a Comment