So, I have been going back and forth and back and forth on when we should or want to have kids.....{yes dad, this is about having babies, NO we're not pregnant!}
I've always wanted to get married and have babies...fast. Lol. So in other words, I've always had pretty bad baby fever.
After we got married we decided to wait, to at least get settled into our first base and such...well when we got here, we both were like lets wait some more...I've been off birth control for over a year now...we were still taking precautions...but ever since June/July we stopped. After a couple months...lets say September-ish...I was thinking to myself, 'geez, we haven't used anything and yet aren't pregnant? are we broken?' I never stressed about it much because we weren't actually trying I guess you can say, we just weren't stopping it sort of speak....so after that I decided to give it all up to God.
I know they He will give us children when its His time not ours {hoping He does give them to us}.
We could be using 3 forms of birth control and if He intended us to have a child, we would still end up being pregnant! So why worry!? Thats what I kept telling myself. He will provide when He see's fit.
So we are totally going with the flow now. Perfectly content at just being us. But of course would not be mad/sad if we did get pregnant because we will know its all God's intentions.
I feel so peaceful about this its awesome! No resent for not having kids yet or when I see my friends with their kids and all. No jealousy or anger that we don't have kids.{unless you count Kodi & Kaci. Ha}
We aren't old, so we do have time. And we both just pray about it, as in, pray for ourselves to be great parents when God decides is the right time for us and of course for each other.
I found this peace probably a month ago, and I am so thankful for it that I just wanted to share it with you!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
That's great, Tiffany! His time is always the perfect time :)
I'm so glad you have His peace -- that just another benefit of being a Christian that the world can never understand. His peace is exactly what we need and is more calming than anything any doctor/psychiatrist/psychologist can offer! :o)
Post a Comment