
We got our big girl carseat today! I am very excited about it. As she looks so much more comfortable in this then her infant carrier.
She hasn't out grown her infant carrier, as it goes to 22lbs...but we rarely take it out of the car now anyhow, so we figured we may as well upgrade now.
I did tons of research and watched loads of videos about whether or not to keep her rear facing or not (technically she isn't even 20lbs yet so she can't be forward) We decided though, that since its becoming a very strong suggestion lately that we'd take the hint and keep her backwards. Youtube Rearfacing VS Forward..you might be shocked.
Here are a few links:
Anyways. For us. Our family. For Brynlee. We decided this is best for us. She's never known anything else, so why not. It makes total sense too. So, once we decided that we went on a hunt for the right carseat. The car we have now, a Chevy Tracker (I've had this since I was 18! Its time for a change!) It isn't at all a big car. I mean yes its an SUV but its like the tiniest one out there. We are in the market for another car, another SUV...so I wasn't too concerned about it being huge..since they do take up more space sitting backwards. I chose the Britax Roundabout. I am glad I did. Its slim. But yet very roomy for her. I love it. Its also one of the cheaper Britax carseats. I got it on Amazon and free shipping rocks! I looked at so many more, in the store, online and some were huge and bulky and even more expensive then this one. I love that she can be rear faced till she is 40lbs if we choose to do so. She can also be harnessed in this one till she is 55lbs, again...not that we will keep her in that long, depending on her age at the weight of course.
We have yet to go for a car ride, but its all strapped in and ready go. I am pretty excited to go for a ride with it...we will go tomorrow for her birthday!

1 comment:
Awe, she looks so cute! We also bought a Britax, the marathon. We put Lola in it about a month ago because she got too long for her other one! It was a sad day for me! I can't believe she's turning 1! I bet its nice being back in the states though to have family around more often. Have a fun little party!
Post a Comment