So my sister was at school one day...Glendale Community College...and there were reps from Disney there trying to get students to apply for their programs. She calls me and tells me and I was like "do it!" and then she was like, "but its a summer program and that means I won't be here when you guys are visiting..." and I was just telling her that it would benefit her so much though. Let me back up here a bit.....
My sister wants to own her own resorts and such. Thats what she has wanted to do for a while now. She already has idea's of themes and all this stuff. So if she got hired at Disney's resorts, that would just be perfect for her to see it up close and personal ya know?!
Ok back to the main story...
Well she went ahead and signed up and they set up a phone interview. She wasn't too thrilled on it, cause it was short and sweet, and didn't think they could choose from that. That was about 2-3 weeks ago.
Well, she called me at who knows when last night, mind you I was sleeping but since I knew it was her, I answered it. She was so excited and was like " I know you are sleeping but I had to call and tell you that I got the job and I am going to Flordia!" Its the fall semester program, so she will be in Az for the summer. And she is gonna be working in the resort, doing all different jobs. They get school credit for doing this too. Probably not as much as if they were taking a full class schedule but still.
They put the students up in a local apartment that they don't really pay for, I think Kylie said something like $75 a month. Which I think is perfect for those who have never lived on their own. Kind of giving them the opportunity to live on their own and know the 'real world' and still have to pay bills but it not be outrageously priced stuff! I know for a fact that this will help Kylie a lot. I love her to death but this will show her its not all fun and games out there. Haha. She is getting better but this will open her eyes to it all.
It will be great for her to work in the resort. Great opportunity. She will probably not want to come back home. Especially since there is a beach in Flordia! Haha.
Hey, it gives me reason to possibly go visit Flordia, especially if she does the program longer or something! I have never been to Disney World but want to go so bad!
Anyways,
Congrats Kylie!
My sister wants to own her own resorts and such. Thats what she has wanted to do for a while now. She already has idea's of themes and all this stuff. So if she got hired at Disney's resorts, that would just be perfect for her to see it up close and personal ya know?!
Ok back to the main story...
Well she went ahead and signed up and they set up a phone interview. She wasn't too thrilled on it, cause it was short and sweet, and didn't think they could choose from that. That was about 2-3 weeks ago.
Well, she called me at who knows when last night, mind you I was sleeping but since I knew it was her, I answered it. She was so excited and was like " I know you are sleeping but I had to call and tell you that I got the job and I am going to Flordia!" Its the fall semester program, so she will be in Az for the summer. And she is gonna be working in the resort, doing all different jobs. They get school credit for doing this too. Probably not as much as if they were taking a full class schedule but still.
They put the students up in a local apartment that they don't really pay for, I think Kylie said something like $75 a month. Which I think is perfect for those who have never lived on their own. Kind of giving them the opportunity to live on their own and know the 'real world' and still have to pay bills but it not be outrageously priced stuff! I know for a fact that this will help Kylie a lot. I love her to death but this will show her its not all fun and games out there. Haha. She is getting better but this will open her eyes to it all.
It will be great for her to work in the resort. Great opportunity. She will probably not want to come back home. Especially since there is a beach in Flordia! Haha.
Hey, it gives me reason to possibly go visit Flordia, especially if she does the program longer or something! I have never been to Disney World but want to go so bad!
Anyways,
Congrats Kylie!

2 comments:
YAY!!!! Congrats! That's exciting news. Good luck Kylie!
Yay! That's great :) Which resort is she gonna be working at?
Post a Comment